Sunday, September 25, 2011

Reporting from London…

It’s true. I have been on holidays. It had been 1296 days of Geoff and I not having proper holidays (not that I am counting!) So, I prayed to the gods, crossed my heart and left the workroom, the stores and my office to be run, as it turns out, by the most wonderful and responsible staff!

Regents street - London Sept 2011

Big Ben and Houses of Parliament - London Sept 2011



But being of the nature I am, I couldn’t help myself but still be a part of beautiful frocks, if I couldn’t make them… I could certainly admire them!!! And so I did at London Fashion Week. 

I would love to share with you some of the designers I admired at London Fashion week. Firstly Erdem Moralioglu, the Canadian born designer who is very much into lace, which is the exact reason for my respect! His show was in the elegant Savoy ballroom, a perfect setting for his delicate and enthusiastically floral collection.








Next, beloved Burberry, need we say much about this label? Kensington Gore was where it was at, seating the likes of Anna Wintour, Kanye West, Philip Green and Sienna Miller. Now, this is interesting, for the first time EVER, Twitter teamed up with Burberry, ahead of its show to launch the first ever ‘Tweetwalk’, enabling people online to see the collection first before the models hit the runway!









Just looking at these snaps from Temperley’s show at The Royal British Museum makes me want to be on holidays again!!! For Spring, Temperley took hints from Grace Kelly in High Society as well as Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface (not exactly the same high society). It’s a far more dressed up collection in comparison to her sweet  sundresses.







Hope you adored this as much as I did and more on my holidays in our next KWH newsletter!

 Karen xx



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know what you are thinking

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home